[Server-devel] Troubles running F9 mock chroot under F11

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Sep 17 23:50:03 EDT 2009

2009/9/17 Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca>:
> Well not quite the way I would of done it, I was hoping someone else
> would test my idea, but glad you got what you needed done. Mind sharing
> the yumdownloader routine? I might try to use something like that to
> populate my updates repo, then remove any duplicates in the rpms what
> would take extra space on the iso.

During the build script:

cat <<EOF > yum.conf
[main]
reposdir=$(pwd)/yumrepos
cachedir=/var/cache/yum-xs
EOF

pushd ${isocopy}/Packages
yumdownloader -c ../../yum.conf --resolve mysql-server mysql php-mysql
expect ImageMagick graphviz php-tidy java-1.6.0-openjdk
java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel
popd

yumrepos/ then contains 2 repo files, one for F9 and one for F9 updates.

The only slightly awkward thing is that the added packages have to be
listed twice, once above and once in the kickstart file. Of course, we
could automate the construction of the ks file but that's adding more
complexity than I'd like to leave behind in Nepal.

Daniel