[Server-devel] Attempting to re-install jabber component of XS without re-installing the entire server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:48:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Daniel Bennett <dantana at gmail.com> wrote:
> EnvironmentPHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
> upgrade_fix_incorrect_mnethostides() in /var/moodle/web/lib/db/upgrade.php
> on line 3167
> [Time date] Finished install / upgrade - Failure

That might be the culprit. Very weird. Still, want to see the logs...

> We are trying to set another machine up to SSH into it (a machine with email
> access) but no luck.
>
> Any idea how I can send an email from the server?

email is a bit awkward, but there is a pastebin-style service we can use. Try

  cat /path/to/file | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

After a few seconds it will reply with a URL, like

  http://sprunge.us/EJJF

where the file can be found.
>>   /etc/initd.d/moodle stop
>>   (bash -x /etc/initd.d/moodle start 2>&1) | tee moodleinit.log

I really want that moodleinit.log :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com