[Server-devel] timestamps on backups

Hamilton Chua hamilton.chua at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:28:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm not sure if anybody has noticed this yet but after doing a backup,
it seems the datestamps on the backup page are wrong.

For instance, after a recent backup the backup page in moodle says that
the last backup was 4 hours ago even though monitoring the cron logs
show that it has just completed a backup.

Even weirder, moodle claims that some backups are 40 years old ! :-)

I am using XS on 0.6d5 and Sugar on a Stick.

Is there something about time zones and time synchronization that we
need to be aware of with regards to backups.

Thanks,

Hamilton