[Server-devel] splitting large xol

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Sep 4 15:09:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Daniel Drake<dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/9/4 Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu>:
>> We have a offline dictionary that we'd like to ship as xol. Its
>> tar.bz2 is at 63MB. Reading the instructions, it looks like the bundle
>> will have to be split across two files.
>
> Why? 63mb should be fine in 1 bundle.
>
> Daniel

The page says: "
    How big is your collection? If the size of your entire collection
is between 5-20MB, you're all set. Otherwise, you'll need to make two
bundles-- one bundle of 5-20MB for use on individual laptops, and a
second bundle of unlimited (but reasonable) size for inclusion on each
school's library server. "

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems