[Server-devel] Backup and Recovery

Hamilton Chua hamilton.chua at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:08:22 EDT 2009


After turning on verbose debugging in the logs and tailing them during
an attempted restore.

I noticed a series of errors that ended with

AttributeError: "JournalEntryBundle" object has no attribute

I don't believe it's browse as it seems to be doing the right thing. I
tried uninstalling the rpm and installing from activities.sugarlabs.org
and got the same results.

It occurs when the file has been placed in the journal. The journal
checks if it's an activity or content bundle.

When checking the metadata for the journal entry created for the backup
file, I noticed that the activity and activity_id files are empty and
the mime_type says it is "application/vnd.olpc-journal-entry". Does this
sound right ?



On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 17:27 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Hamilton Chua <hamilton.chua at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The metadata for the journal is application/vnd.olpc-journal-entry as
> > per its metadata. I'll do a packet capture as you suggested and I'll
> > check the apache server logs too for clues.
> Then you can probably skip the packet capture. The problem is
> somewhere between Browse.xo and the Journal.
> The Journal should never store a file that gets downloaded by Browse
> with "application/vnd.olpc-journal-entry"; instead it should unpack it
> and "import" it, reading its metadata.
> cheers,
> m

More information about the Server-devel mailing list