[Server-devel] Early F11 XS build

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 11:10:40 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ok, see two issue, I forgot that the behaviour of method= changed
> between F9 & F11. We now need to make use of stage2= in place of
> method=(method is going away, anyway).

Actually, the winner is "repo=hd:LABEL=XSRepo" -- with that it picks
up both stage2 ("installer.img") and the iso. Might even work without
'repo' even.

With that anaconda gets going. Issues I am seeing

 - Anaconda gets confused with the 'family' name having spaces. This
is probably minor / cosmetic. We cannot change the name as it'll break
upgrades.

 - Anaconda barfs when ks asks to create a VolGroup with a name that
already exists. Like... when re-installing an XS!

 - The removal of the "old" VG either dies or is going to take a few
years. After 15 minutes it hasn't produced much, and there is no
apparent disk IO.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com