[Server-devel] Backup and Recovery

Hamilton Chua hamilton.chua at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:31:28 EDT 2009

Hi Martin,

I have more info.

As I mentioned earlier, I verified that the backed up files have the
right metadata.

I now checked the datastore on my local sugar install. I looked for the
downloaded file.

I see that it is a journal entry with a "data" file and a metadata
directory. I can unzip the "data" file to get to the backed up files and
it has the correct metadata.

I think the problem is that the journal doesn't recognize it as a zip
file and does not unzip it.

I don't know enough about how this works yet so I wanted to ask, what
tells the Journal to recognize the download as a backup file that should
be restored (or unzipped).

Can I get a sample of the metadata directory of a downloaded backup
file ?

Thanks in advance,

Hamilton