[Server-devel] Backup and Recovery

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 06:02:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Backup is now working for us but when I try to recover files by clicking on

Hi Caroline!

You are a bit of a moving target, I don't know what XS you are using,
or what Sugar you are using. And which ds-backup you are using, with
which of Hamilton's many versions of the fixup paches (vanilla Sugar
would normally not have backup).

So... I dunno! You probably need to do a bit of debugging yourself to
diagnose the situation.

> them in Moodle they are not showing up in Sugar with the right file type to
> be used again.  They show up as "File Activity + Backup" and I can't open

That sounds _very_ wrong. Moodle should be serving the backups with a
special mimetype that Sugar recognizes as a Journal Entry Bundle -- so
the Journal unpacks it and imports it (hence showing the right name,
and type).

> For XOs can you download files and use them again on a new XO?

Yes. I hate to say it, but "it works for me".

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com