[Server-devel] unregister soas

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 04:32:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:30 AM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> I don't have access to the XO used as admin in 0.5.2 before upgrading. I
> want to restore Moodle and all the ejabberd data to "fresh install" status
> and then start again. Is thispossible? I suppose I can just reinstall 0.6
> fresh. But if there's a way let me know.

You are on 0.6, right? Instructions follow

   service moodle-xs stop
   # drop the moodle database, rm the uploaded files (if any)
   sudo -u postgres dropdb moodle-xs
   rm -fr /library/moodle-xs/*

   # indicate to moodle that it should re-init its DB
   touch /etc/moodle/needsupgrade

   service moodle-xs start

Moodle now controls ejabberd so no need to touch ejabberd's database
that at all.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com