[Server-devel] Early F11 XS build

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 26 22:26:32 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 16:40 -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 12:42 -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:52 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > > Maybe there was PEBKAC and/or just a better fix (hints?). I just hope
> > > the instructions for our end users can be simple :-)
> > >
> > I'm re-testing now, but I'm on a F11 host...
> > Ok, see two issue, I forgot that the behaviour of method= changed
> > between F9 & F11. We now need to make use of stage2= in place of
> > method=(method is going away, anyway). Second is we are assuming with
> > sed that there is a ks= in the line we're replacing.

> > > thanks! - I'll fix that :-)
> > >
> > Working up a patch
> >
> I had been working on the F12 version for a bit, the F11 is a backport
> of F12.
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/mkusbinstall-F11
> http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/mkusbinstall-F12
>
> My XO-1 boots using version 0.7.0 iso as the source for mkusbinstall.
> The ks file is going to need a bit of work to be useful with an XO-1's
> mmc card. Now to get it to boot on XO-1.5...

The XO-1 ran anaconda to the end in GUI mode (needed the ks.cfg made by
anaconda for the partitioning info), to run in text you have to supply
"all" the kickstart data (gathered above). Just need to tweek the
kickstart file a bit. Note the @xs-server bit, that works perfect.
http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/anaconda-ks.cfg
I'll work up a kickstart file that uses text, and adds the olpc.fth file
in %post with the info I gathered.

To bad I only have one SD card, got to wipe the install to play with
os33. :(

Jerry