[Server-devel] moodle autologin

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 19 09:41:01 EDT 2009

I have the impression that this happened 3 out of 4 times, but I'm not sure
if I did something different the one time it didn't happen or if I just
didn't notice it while trying to get other things to work.

The environment:

XS 0.6 release
soas-strawberry running under VBox emulation as per
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/VirtualBox/Preparing_a_disk_image (I couldn't
get the guest additions part to work)
+ patched schoolserver.py to make registration work

I built 4 of these.  In each case I changed the jabber server to
schoolserver.testschool.org in the sugar settings->network config gui, ran
registration on the sugar home page, and then ran browse, which loaded a
SugarLabs home page, and took the top nav to the schoolserver.  The login
page loaded, but I was clearly logged in as I could click on the XS link in
the breadcrumb and get to the moodle home page.  After the first access I am
not put on the login page again.

btw I can run multiple instances of the soas vm and they interact in chat
and write, but have some presence problems in the neighborhood view (not all
users visible), which I'm not sure what list to report to.