[Server-devel] .6 release and Dansguardian

Devon Connolly devcon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 04:22:05 EDT 2009

Check on both the suggestions above.  I had already added the entries to
that portion of the file and I restarted iptables.  The result is a
working dansguardian when sshing into the server and opening lynx in a
term.  However none of the traffic coming from computers on the LAN is
being directed to Dansguardian.  Today, I will try to retrace my steps
more carefully and post a more detailed summary.

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 08:08:47 -0000, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:15 AM, Devon Connolly <devcon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Right, I appended the aforementioned entries to "iptables-xs.in" so that
>> the resulting iptables-xs file reflected the modifications, but the
>> rules
>> still did not take affect.
>
> And you did "/etc/init.d/iptables restart" to make it take effect...
> right? I notice I forgot to mention that key step :-)
>
> (And Jerry's suggested change is also needed.)
>
> cheers,

Devon Connolly