[Server-devel] .6 release and Dansguardian

Devon Connolly devcon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:15:51 EDT 2009

Right, I appended the aforementioned entries to "iptables-xs.in" so that
the resulting iptables-xs file reflected the modifications, but the rules
still did not take affect.  Dansguardian only seems to be working locally
(on the server) but not on any computers in the LAN.  If said entries are
not appended to iptables-xs.in, Dansguardian does not work on the server
or lan.  I am yet to figure out why the port forwarding rules are not
working LAN-side.  So why are requests passing through port 3128 not being
redirected to port 8887?

Something else seems to be amiss as the rules have been applied to
iptables.

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:01:25 -0000, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Devon Connolly <devcon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what I am overlooking but was anything changed in .6 that
>> could be breaking my Dansguardian install?  My iptables are set up as
>> before adding the following entries:
>
> Hi! Yes, there has been a change in iptables, to better support use of
> other devices as the WAN port (wlan0, ppp0, etc).
>
> You now want to look at /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/iptables-xs.in --
> note the trailing '.in' -- this gets processed by
> /etc/syscofnig/olpc-scripts/gen-iptables to generate
> /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/iptables-xs
>
> hth,

Devon Connolly