[Server-devel] .6 release and Dansguardian

Devon Connolly devcon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 10:08:48 EDT 2009

I'm not sure what I am overlooking but was anything changed in .6 that
could be breaking my Dansguardian install?  My iptables are set up as
before adding the following entries:

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m owner --uid-owner squid -j
ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -m owner --uid-owner squid
-j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8887
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8887

It seems everything coming in on the LAN interface is running through
squid but then not redirected to dansguardian.  Dansguardian is
functioning normally on the server via lynx.  Dansguardian access log
isn't picking up anything when accessing the net from the LAN.  Squid
access log is also not reporting anything unusual.

Thanks for any insight