[Server-devel] datastore is corrupt message after aliasing

Hamilton Chua hamilton.chua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:44:04 EDT 2009

Hi Martin,

We are testing the process involved in replacing a lost stick.

In moodle we use the alias feature to associate the old account (lost
stick) with a new one (new stick).

We are seeing a problem after aliasing. When you visit the backup tab we
get the error message

"Datastore is corrupt, or has unknown format"

Interestingly, if I remove the alias and visit the backup tab again, the
error message is gone.

So the datastore isn't really corrupt, something in the UI is just
preventing a user with an aliased account from seeing the contents of
teh backup tab.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Hamilton