[Server-devel] create_user and re-registration

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Oct 12 04:25:49 EDT 2009

2009/10/12 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Reasonable request... I reviewed the patch, expecting you'd be running
> `sort -u` over a tmp copy of authorized_keys, but it does nothing like
> that.
>
> How does it help, then?

What does "sort -u" do? The man page doesn't make it very clear.

The awk command I inserted simply removes all lines from a file that
are a duplicate of another. Or at least I hope it does - I don't
really know awk but have used this command in a handful of projects
now! So if there are 3 copies of the key in the file, 2 of them will
get removed.

Daniel