[Server-devel] fresh XS 0.6 install

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 03:33:06 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Tim Moody <timmoody at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> sorry.  I was looking for it under httpd.conf.  I guess it must be the
> 'webcache' service.

Actually, it's not webcache (though the port is conventionally used
for an http proxy). It is a python program listening on port 8080,
controlled by /etc/init.d/idmgr (aka service idmgr)

> Anyway, applying the schoolserver.py patch from
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/916 allowed my soas to register
> successfully.

Good to hear -- I think Hamilton also has patches to make sure
ds-backup-client works properly from SoaS. Can you help chase
Hamilton, Tomeu & Sebastian so that those patches are applied, merged,
whatever so that they _do_ appear on SoaS?

Without them, the XS is useless for a SoaS deployment.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com