[Server-devel] fresh XS 0.6 install

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 9 19:06:51 EDT 2009

OK, so the message is don't worry about first boot.
/var/log/moodle-instupg.log ends in success.

the next problem is that when I try to register the qemu emulated xo 8.2.0
it fails, probably because qemu has a built in dhcp server and nat firewall,
so the xo never gets it address, dns, and domain from the xs and therefore
can't find the xs.

ping schoolserver yields unknown host
ping schoolserver.testschool.org gets correct ip (172.18.0.1) but can't
reach it
browse can reach the internet through the xs
and the xo update also works

has anyone tried the tap interface?