[Server-devel] XS - rebase on F-11, notes and RHF

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 8 07:07:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:33, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 0.6 looks like a great release.
>
> Thanks! 99.999998% of the code is Fedora so it's gotta be very good :-)
>
>> I would encourage you to look at using F-12 rather than F-11. F-12
>> will be more likely to be the base for RHEL-6 than F-11 from what I've
>
> Hmmm! I understood that F-11 had a longer release cycle (with the
> breaking and all, but also a slightly longer stabilization window) at
> the expense of F-12.

I think I told you that at the SugarCamp in Paris, because at this
time, that's what the rumours were about:
http://lwn.net/Articles/306807/ (that's the link I had given you at
that time, specifically saying that it was only a guess)

The problem is that we (Fedora) have absolutely no way to know for
sure what the next RHEL will be based on: that's Red Hat's business.

So all we can do is try to guess, but depending on their own
constraints, business, clients, etc... the rumours often change as
time goes :)

If you want to know that for sure, you should ask Red Hat about it. ;)

> The only reference I find of Fedora-12 perhaps becoming RHEL 6 is this
> http://lwn.net/Articles/348141/

Actually, I read that more as « RHEL 6 will be based on F13 or a
future version of Fedora ». But like Spot says, we can't draw any
conclusion.

Best regards,