[Server-devel] RACHEL, another developing world server project, would like to have a discussion with XS

Norberto Mujica n at mujica.org
Fri Oct 2 11:51:24 EDT 2009

Awesome.
We have the OLPC collections incorporated into our repository now, so
we can include all or some of them to some RACHEL deployments. (You
can see them in our rachel online content sample at
http://rachel.worldpossible.org/ , under the 'OLPC Educational
Packages' heading.)
Definitely, I can pack content in the OLPC zipped format at any time.
The only caveat is that some of the content nodes are very large in
size, so it may not be feasible for your laptop installations. For
instance our MIT courseware is about 200GB, with thousands of media
files and more than half a million individual files.
For other content, do you know what is your max practical package size?

Cheers
norberto