[Server-devel] Transparent proxy

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:49:04 EST 2009

2009/11/28 Henry Vélez Molina <henry.laptop at gmail.com>:
>  We want to prevent strangers in our network.

Ok. Then we need something else I think. The proxy stuff won't help there.

Short term options:

A - Use WPA with PSK. You can add the password by hand on each XO, or
add (again by hand) a networks.cfg file that contains the password.

B - Whitelist the prefix of the MAC addresses of the XOs. They all
start with the same prefix. Can even do it from the XS firewalling
rules (rather than the AP).

Mid-term options

C - Teach idmgr and Moodle to capture the MAC address for whitelisting
+ a script that adds the MAC address to a firewall whitelist.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com