[Server-devel] Backup and Recovery

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:47:25 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Hamilton Chua <hamilton.chua at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have backported the changes to the strawberry release and restore
> seems to be working now.

Good to hear you've narrowed it down. I'll probably have to apply
similar patches on the OLPC F11 Sugar :-)

> 4) Browse downloads the file and puts it in the Journal
> 5) I click "Show in Journal"
> 6) I see the "Activity+Backup" file details.
> 7) Click "back" to journal

That's weird. On the 8.2.1 XO OS release, the process is skips step
6&7. The "downloading" message in Browse.xo does mention
"Activity+Backup" (I tweaked the "apparent" filename that browse
downloads to get that msg), but after that the Journal has only added
the entry you want.

> Is the above how more or less restore should work or behave ? I was sort
> of expecting the  "Activity+Backup" file to be replaced by the restored
> data in the Journal.

Your expectations are right, and I think you are seeing another bug in
the Browse.xo -> Journal interop.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com