[Server-devel] XS server testing

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Thu May 28 21:35:31 EDT 2009

I did a new installation with the XS 0.6 alpha and tested various registration with the both Chinese & English XOs (5 XOs) with complicated names, etc... All seems to work OK and stuff get displayed well in the backup in the Moodle.

Hope to see if we could get more information on the performance with more testing on Saturday.

At the moment we are concern about the wireless support. A message below from a volunter:

--
Yesterday in TK's office, I experienced that registration takes only 2 second for one XO, so I guess the bandwidth requirement for registratoin process is very minimal.

In my viewpoint, the most important question in the Sat. stress test is whether we should use 1 AP or 3 AP. If it is feasible to register 50 PC via one AP simultaneously, then we are safe. Because it means that we can register 150 XO in chanenls 1, 6,11 simultaneously in SiChuan school. Then we can finish registering 450 XO in 3 rounds. What do you think?