[Server-devel] XS 0.6 preview

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:37:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM,  <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:
> More test result for interpretation and debugging

Cool.

> A. Registration Test 1 (English XO):
> O.K. I am doing a another step by step testing on another XS 0.6 alpha clean install
>
> My English XO:  Build 767  Sugar 0.82.1  Firmware Q2E18

Can you confirm the version of Browse.xo? To do that, go to the 'home
view' and change it from the 'ring view' to the 'list view' using the
icons in the top-right corner of the screen.

Just want to make sure that you have Browse version 102 on all your
test machines :-)

> Use this english XO as a first registration with the user name of:
>
> t.k. kang
>
> Registration O.K. and is display via /home/idmgr/list_registration
>
> t.k. kang   SHC84.......

After registration, you need to reboot. Only on the "next" session
Browse knows that it's registered...

> From browser I try: schoolserver.olpcasia.org
>
> Moodle login display but no automatic login

The steps you are following for debugging are correct (but you need to
add the 'reboot after registration' step). When I follow the same
steps I have no problems to login with users with spaces, names or
extended utf-chars.

> Now I login as admin and browse list of user. 2 user found
>

> t.k. kang   SHC.. at olpcasia.org      Never
>
> Click on t.k. kang and then on the "Backup" tab
>
> Get message:  "Datastore is corrupt, or unknown format"

I've just checked -- that problably means that there is no backup yet,
the errors got mixed up when I added datastore "version 1" support.
You need to either wait ~1 hour for the backup to be performed or run
it manually. To run it manually, open the terminal and execute

  ds-backup.py

I've just fixed that error message in Moodle so it reports the right message.

> Will do the 3rd registration BUT with a Chinese XO

I just grabbed an XO, gave it a nickname of ßíºÃºY‡­ºYÈ¥ :-) , registered
it, rebooted it, and then when I went to Moodle it logged me in,
automagically.

(Hope that the mailing list doesn'tcorrupt the utf-8 above!)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com