[Server-devel] admin on moodle

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat May 16 05:39:14 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> I am able to get a XO to register and become a "student". It logs in
> seamlessly. Who gets to be admin on the moodle instance on XS?

You're not telling us what XS you're using :-)

The _first_ user to (register and then...) login to  moodle successfully
gets to be a 'coursecreator'. This gives them access to some admin rights.
The 'coursecreator' role means they can also assign other coursecreators :-)

The name is misleading -- coursecreator is a premade role in moodle. Think
about it as "school staff".

On XS-0.5.x - the support for this is incomplete.

On the development Moodle (in olpcxs-testing repo) this works almost
correctly, and I was looking yesterday at how to finish the remaining bits.

At this stage, you still need to login as the real 'admin' account, so cat
/etc/moodle/adminpw to find the password.

martin.langhoff at gmail.com