[Server-devel] XS Help, please

Gerald Ardito gmanb5 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:50:21 EDT 2009

Hello.

I need some help. I have been trying to get my XS Server running for some
months now with little success.

Recently, in order to alleviate some problems, our school's network guy
established a new VLAN only for the XOs.

The VLAN points to my server box as the DHCP server.

Here's what I think I need to do:
1. Edit the DHCP config file for: 1) IP address; 2) subnet mask; 3) and IP
range
2. Edit the resolv.config file to point our schoolserver to the IP address
set above
3. Start the dhcpd service.

Here are my questions:
1) is that right?
2) is there anything else I need to do to configure the DNS and DHCP
services?

Thanks. I really need to get this running!

Gerald