[Server-devel] 503 Error, library full when running ds-backup.sh

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 15 03:31:22 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> I tracked down a problem backing up SoaS. We have working registration and
> ds-backup client etc.
> I was getting  a 503 error from the backup-available.py.
> This was the result of /library/ being full.
> I checked and /library/ is only 30 megabytes! Is this expected. I setup this
> XS on an 8G disk with 4.7G free after install.

What version of the XS did you first install?
0.5.x all follow the mapping described here:
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/xs-livecd/tree/revisor/anaconda-f9.ks

The assumption is that you'll have an 8GB / and the rest goes to
/library. We're recommending 2GB per user, so a 30 user school should
have at least an 80GB HD.

> Is there an easy way to expand this? It looks like its LVM. I can create a
> new volume and map it to /library/ if necessary, but it seems the 30M
> default is pretty small.

The default is "the rest"... there wasn't much 'rest' on your machine.
Yes, using the usual ext3/LVM resizing tricks will work ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com