[Server-devel] RIT XS Teacher Reporting Project

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Mon May 4 09:38:08 EDT 2009

You may be reinventing work already done, or at least started.  Moodle
integration into the XS has already begun and is expected to go further in
the next XS release 0.6,  though, admittedly, changes at OLPC could derail
this.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Release_Notes

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Moodle_plan

I'm no expert on Moodle, but I understand it as more of a platform than an
application.  That is, you can create modules with differing features
without rewriting Moodle, so it may save you some time to explore what's
there.

In terms of where to run the XS, I would determine who needs access when.
If students need to access moodle modules when the teacher's XO is away,
then a central server is probably better.  In any event effort has been put
into making the XS run in either an XO or standalone environment.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-on-XO