[Server-devel] Apache proxy CRCsync & mozilla gsoc project?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Mar 30 11:36:39 EDT 2009

On 25/03/09 18:20, Toby Collett wrote:
> Not a GSoC project, just a project(crcsync is the name at the moment).
> Initial target is a double proxy server, one each end of the slow link,
> with dreams of web standards and browser integration following.
>
> Seems to me that both projects need the same upstream server extension
> to be able to send the deltas down. Current state of the apache modules
> is that all the major pieces are in place but not a lot testing and no
> optimisation has been carried out yet.

OK. So maybe the browser integration for this, or at least the
groundwork for it, is what our SoC project should be. Particularly if
you have Apache modules that work already.

See
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode09:WebPagesOverRsync
for where we are at the moment. We are getting incredible amounts of
interest in this project - more than all the others combined. It seems
like an idea whose time has come.

Gerv