[Server-devel] Is a USB-Ethernet NIC appropriate for the XS?

Tim Moody timmoody at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 25 08:21:14 EDT 2009

Have you considered configuring the internal nic to listen on two ip
addresses, lan and wan?  I think you said you are locating all of the XS
machines centrally, so this might be an option depending on the networking
infrastructure you have in the central location.  What would happen if you
changed eth1:1 in the network-config script to eth0:1?  If at some point in
the future you locate the XS at the school, then you might have an AA on a
usb port and not need the second nic anyway.