[Server-devel] mkusbinstall link broken?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:20:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>> I've got Squid running and one AA (prototype) and two XOs. The
>> "server" pulls in 8 watts at the adapter (110V->12V). Works fine!
>
> Nice! I see it's rated for 0-45C, what temps are you trying it with?

San Francisco won't cooperate. It stays in the mid 50 F (10 C). At
home, its about 68 F (20 C). My wife won't let me use the oven ;-) I
ran it all night and it stays mildly warm. I need to get a IR
thermometer or some such contraption to measure external body temp.

> Will it now be part of your test group's setup? ;-)

Yes. I tested it with 5 XOs, but would love to test it with our entire
OLPC-SF group (typically 25 XOs). We do have 10 XOs collected/bought
thus far for Maroantsetra, Madagascar. Those + mine + a few borrowed
from here and there should do the trick.

BTW, I installed Munin (http://munin.projects.linpro.no/) on it
(additional 4.5MB) to monitor long term health. Any +/- on that
package?

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.