[Server-devel] ejabberd's mnesia breaking - (Re: Almost-released: XS-0.5.2)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 00:36:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - During init, /var/lock/subsys is cleared, so even after a hard
> poweroff the init scripts should not be confused about the state of
> things. I am right now trying to see if anaconda does the same. This
> is the only working theory I have...

Confirmed:

 - If I shutdown XS 0.5 correctly (instead of just yanking the
powercable), then the upgrade cmpletes, and we get a happy upgraded
ejabberd.

 - If I stick stuff in /var/lock/subsys, it remains there throughout
the anaconda install process.

There is a whole section in upgrade.py where anaconda checks the state
of the system that it's about to upgrade and digs its heels if it
doesn't look clean. Adding a check for files in /var/lock/subsys
sounds reasonable.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com