[Server-devel] adding custom dns entries on XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:31:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Martin 2 - dnsmasq 1

dsd 10 - dnsmasq 10 - martin 2

the sample conffile also shows:

# Include a another lot of configuration options.
#conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq.more.conf
#conf-dir=/etc/dnsmasq.d

This is all good news. We are asking dhcpd and bind to do some stuff
that is slightly off the beaten path. If dnsmasq alone or with djbdns
can handle our oddities, and use a conf.d approach it'll be a huge
win. At least a 26MB win in terms of core.

Not having to wrestle with $$@#$%^ BIND is... [ please fill with your answer ]

This msg, and others in dnsmasq-discuss, lead me to think that dnsmasq
is a good fit for what we're trying to do
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2007q1/001158.html

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com