[Server-devel] notes on scaling ejabberd for the XO's

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:48:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> Here are some notes from a short IRC conversation I had w/ Rob Mcqueen,
> the lead developer of Telepathy

Cool - thanks for posting it.

"Client" code for Gadget seems to be integrated in the Telepathy new
Sugar present on the SoaS images. The server side -- the proper gadget
code -- isn't on any XS, and I haven't seen or tested it (lack of time
:-( )

Even if I had, it's a ton of new code, a lot more adventurous than
what we're doing w moodle. So short/midterm, following ejabberd+moodle
is lower risk from the perspective of a deployment today.

OTOH, if you're feeling the experimental mood, the ejabberd we have
now on XS-0.5.2 is compatible with gadget. Go crazy ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com