[Server-devel] Serving 400+ students w/ a single central XS - ejabberd nightmare?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Mar 11 00:54:58 EDT 2009

If you aren't going to place school servers in the actual schools,
and insist on
centralizing them, the hardware recommended by Sameer is a good idea.

My argument has always been that you want local web caching and content,
and that an XS shouldn't be that much more expensive than the above
hardware.
If you are willing to guarantee constant connectivity to a central
office to support
centralized servers, remotely maintaining the servers in the schools
shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
wad