[Server-devel] Upgrade to 0.6

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:03:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Reuben K. Caron<reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> Glad to hear you found the root cause. If we can come up with one or two
> simple commands for the OLPCorps teams to type at the command line to fix
> this and then enable squid; I'm sure they will be glad to do so.

It had all been a theoretical exercise. Today, trying to figure out
what the correct fix is to put it in an rpm I just cannot repro the
problem.

The reason it 'Just Works' is that Apache is actually also listening
on localhost. So Squid will gladly connecto localhost and issue an
HTTP/1.1 request saying 'host'.

Here is how I test that manually -- and apache replies nicely:

# telnet 127.0.0.1 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.