[Server-devel] Upgrade to 0.6

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:44:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Dave Bauer<dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to upgrade from 0.5.2 to 0.6 yet or is it necessary to do a
> new install to test it?

Hmmm. I haven't tested an upgrade. I usually

 - develop/test updating via yum & rpm
 - when getting ready to release, first test clean install, then test upgrades

It all depends on how adventurous you are. And how good your backups
are. At this stage, I'm pretty sure something will break, and you'll
want the backup at least to diagnose what changed (and later, rollback
and retest).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com