[Server-devel] Server configuration for static IP instead of DHCP

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Fri Jun 12 19:32:43 EDT 2009

Yes, I followed the instruction and created a ifcfg-eth0-local and change the /etc/resolv.conf with the original nameserver 172.18.0.1 to 192.168.1.1

It boot and set my ip to 192.168.1.230. I could not ping an external IP not resolve domain names. The orignal dhcp setting just works well. I hope setting a static IP would be as easy.

I want a static ip as I want to play around with external web access to the Xs-server loaded with other elearning application.