[Server-devel] (Mostly) Enforcing Google Image Safe Search With Squid

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:24:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Anna <aschoolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just installed the latest XS 0.6d2, and in addition to setting up OpenDNS
> in named-xs.conf to do the usual filtering, hunted around to find an easy
> way to enforce safe Google image searches, as that seems to be an issue.

I see the problem you describe. Does something like
http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/16973-enforce-google-safesearch.htmlhelp?
The "redirect adding safesearch=strict " approach seems good.

Aside: as usual, if you're managing more than one XS, my strong
recommendation is to perform all filtering "upstream", in a proxy at the ISP
that you can control. Now how to configure that filtering proxy is a very
interesting topic. And Google's safesearch is very important there :-)

martin.langhoff at gmail.com