[Server-devel] the "first user is admin" moodle policy

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:25:35 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 03:49:56PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
>> > How do I further debug this?
>
> Can I create regular logins just to get started on exploring moodle?

 - For a "standard" moodle setup, you may want to install a vanilla
Moodle. Ours is slightly patched :-)

 - If you want to get 'admin' on the patched Moodle on XS, see
/etc/moodle/adminpw -- login with "admin" as username, and that
password. But _our actual deployed XSs should not use this_, anything
we want real life users to do has to be doable with coursecreators and
standard user accts.

> Can somebody point me in the right direction?

moodle.org :-) and docs.moodle.org

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com