[Server-devel] pppd restarting mysteriously

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Thu Jul 23 07:52:17 EDT 2009

As I mentioned, I have a CDMA EVDO modem for Internet access. This works
fine Ubuntu and Debian laptops. On the schoolserver, pppd restarts
within a minute for no reason.

I looked at the options for wvdial and turned off anything suspicious. I
don't think wvdial is implicated. It looks like something crazy with
pppd. If I enable debug in /etc/ppp/options, will I see something extra
in /var/log/messages?

I have this vague feeling that I've seen this kind of failure before,
but I can't recall the details. Was it some Fedora feature---network
manager related---that I need to turn off? I even tried searching for my
name and EVDO in google, but didn't find anything.

--
American? Vote on the National Initiative for Democracy, http://votep2.us