[Server-devel] ejabberd and DNS hurdles (was Re: moodle howto?)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:54:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> If I understood Martin correctly, he is saying that nothing listening on
> 5280 is expected and correct behavior.

Correct :-) If for other reasons you want the web interface, then the
block in the config file is just commented out, it's easy to reenable.

But if you're trying to "manage" users and SRGs via the web interface,
be aware: moodle will remove any strange groups -- it has code to
"sync" the state between ejabberd and Moodle, with Moodle as master
and ejabberd as slave.

> I have added a note to the XS Install guide section "Setup Shared Roster
> Groups for ejabberd": "(If you are using a version of XS 0.6 from June
> 2009 or later then you should skip this section. EJabberd is
> automatically configured.)"

thanks! This kind of help is superb!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com