[Server-devel] ejabberd and DNS hurdles (was Re: moodle howto?)

Deds Castillo deds at solutiongrove.com
Thu Jul 23 05:37:11 EDT 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 08:18:14AM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> > For xs0.6 you should _not_ configure ejabberd. I've posted the
> > (much simpler!) instructions for 0.6on this list about 2 months
> > ago. Google has excellent coverage of the archive ... ;-)
>
> For future reference, it appears Martin was referring to:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/server-devel@lists.laptop.org/msg02287.
>html

Joshua,

That's actually what I did but I was still able to replicate the
behavior you wrote on fresh install of 0.6d2 where ejabberctl status
shows that the server is running but nothing is listening on 5280.
I'm on a slow connection so I can't try it right now on 0.6 and
compare if it only happens for me on 0.6d2.

Deds