[Server-devel] Fwd: [IAEP] Sharing Images in the neighborhood - Buddy Tag

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 06:25:02 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Can you extend on that? I think we need to extend telepathy-gabble a
> bit to add buddy tagging. Or are you referring to regular jabber
> groups?

Regular jabber groups. Once you make a group of users (a course in
Moodle parlance) then the Neighbourhood view shows only your fellow
participants.

The Jabber protocol actually tells the client about various groups (if
you're part of various courses!) but it's up to the client side to
show them differentiated (pidgin does it, sugar doesn't).

(The behaviour described above depends on a setting in Moodle.
Defaults to 'off' which is ok for small schools that 'fit' in the NV.)

This is of course Moodle-driven. If Sugar learns how to allow grouping
on the Sugar UI, and signal that to Jabber, I'll gladly find a way to
do something smart with that info on the Moodle/XS side.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com