[Server-devel] /library partition

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:55:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Dave Bauer<dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if there is any documentation:

- pgsql-xs the postgresql database for Moodle (and any other Pg DB we
might add :-) )

- users which I think are home directories for the registered XOs which
 will contain their backups.

- xs-activation which holds crypto keys, activations and delegations.
With the new xs-activation package it gets used quite a bit in
deployments with delegated leases -- ie: with XSs that don't have an
internet connection but still run a bitfrost-secured deployment.

- xs-activity-server which stores ".xo" activities

- xs-rsync - anything served via rsync. Right now that is only OS
updates for the XOs.

> I believe the overall idea is that anything that is "content" goes in
> this directory as opposed to software or parts of the operating
> system.

Exactly. In short, it's the 'data' partition, the one you want to
backup, the one that wants a 1TB external disk, the one to mirror or
clone.

There is a "bug" in that /var/lib/moodle should be in /library.

ps: wiki material perhaps?
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com