[Server-devel] Automatic @online@ shared roster

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Mon Jul 6 18:49:39 EDT 2009

Thanks, I figured it must be some cron thing since it kept coming back every
couple of minutes. I can track it down from there.

I am just doing this to try to understand what gadget is doing. Since XS
doesn't use gadget in its specific config, it is just experimental for my
own education.

Thanks
Dave

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> You'll want to comment out the code. Will be in one of (under
> /var/www/moodle/web, in order of likelyhood)
>
>  - auth/olpcxs/auth.php (look for a 'cron' function)
>  - local/lib.php (look for a cron function...)
>  - admin/cron.php
>
> Sorry for the vagueness. Away from the relevant sourcecode ATM.

> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Dave Bauer<dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> > Can I disable this for some testing with Gadget? I finally got gadget to
> > install and run on an XS 0.6 install but no matter how I remove the
> Online
> > shared roster it comes back by itself. I assume some process in moodle
> > according to the description, (created from moodle) is recreating it.
> >
> > This works great on initial install it just works, but for testing is
> gadget
> > works, I am not sure if the shared roster or gadget is being used.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave
> >

> > --
> > Dave Bauer