[Server-devel] Gadget on XS

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:07:11 EDT 2009

Here is what I have so far:

XS 0.6

Install frm kickstart
Edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-local for static IP
run /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config

Make sure ejabberd is configured correctly

Edit /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg

Restart
ejabberdctl --node ejabberd at schoolserver start

Gadget

Get RPM
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/gadget/0.0.3/2.fc9/noarch/gadget-0.0.3-2.fc9.noarch.rpm
More Info: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=95961

yum install python-twisted
rpm -i gadget-0.0.3-2.fc9.noarch.rpm

Edit ejabberd.cfg to support gadget

Hostname is gadget."full hostname" ie
gadget.schoolserver.xsdev.solutiongrove.com

It looks like its not using gadget but local collaboration. I turned off the
shared roster and shutdown ejabberd and I think it might be using local
collaboration instead of the server.

I need more debugging.

Dave

--