[Server-devel] [Sugar-devel] [server-devel] Setting up the XS

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:29:15 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Vamsi Krishna Davuluri <
vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So as per Martin's suggestion. I'm making this mail.
>
> I don't have a spare system at my disposal right now,
> so I am running XS under a VM.
> But I can't figure out how to access the moodle server
> outside the VM. (virtual Box)
> Other than that moodle is set up.

This depends on how you have setup the virtual network adapters.

How many did you setup and what technique did you use, Bridged, NAT,
Internal for each one?

Also if you execute "ifconfig" from the terminal within the XS VM what is
the output?  This should show what addresses the interfaces are listening
on.

I just had another idea.

netstat -an | grep 80

should tell you which IP address the Moodle server is listening on. It is on
port 80. You'll also see port 8080 for the idmgr service.

Dave

> Thanks,
>
> Vamsi

Dave Bauer