[Server-devel] XS 0.6 on SD card

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:07:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Sameer Verma<sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> I finally managed to find enough time to install the xs on a SD card
> and boot an XO from it. I am impressed! It took a bit longer to go

Glad to hear that!

> through the first boot (I presume its because of the SD card) but

During first boot it sets up the Moodle database. On a low-end machine
it takes a while.

> after running network_config and domain_config,

In theory at least, only domain_config & reboot is needed.

> I rebooted and it ran
> without a hitch. I hooked up a usb-to-ethernet adapter for the
> backhaul. The mesh node services the XOs. Also ran yum
> --enablerepo=olpcxs-testing update and it had no problems there
> either.

Good!

> I haven't done extensive testing, but will do so and post some more
> details soon.

It will be interesting to hear more about it.

As Rodolfo mentions, disk space usage is a concern (though at this
moment, the only real disk hog is backup), the plan would be to have
an external disk for /library. Or to use a large USB-connected
external disk for everything.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com