[Server-devel] XS 0.6 on SD card

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jul 1 11:53:34 EDT 2009

I finally managed to find enough time to install the xs on a SD card
and boot an XO from it. I am impressed! It took a bit longer to go
through the first boot (I presume its because of the SD card) but
after running network_config and domain_config, I rebooted and it ran
without a hitch. I hooked up a usb-to-ethernet adapter for the
backhaul. The mesh node services the XOs. Also ran yum
--enablerepo=olpcxs-testing update and it had no problems there
either.

I haven't done extensive testing, but will do so and post some more
details soon.

cheers,
Sameer
--